January has one word: rehearsals.
Choreography starts this week, friends come from all over.
My body hurts already, but I have a 2 year old's enthusiasm.
So, February 4, 2011 has become the day I'm counting down to.
It's also the day we're going to reap benefits for children in South Africa like these:
BOTTLEBRUSH.
The biggest slum in Durban, SA.
HIV/AIDS
meal trucks
water
glass
blood
siblings
incest
violence & abuse.
Never thought I'd hear those words the way I heard them before we performed for 800 little kids at the Bottlebrush School that day. What heartbreak. On the plane ride to Holland in October, I had an idea. Let's make a lot of money somehow, and send it their way. How? Well, I know a lot of people who dance, and who love to dance. We're going to dance... and sing (I will not sing, you are welcome) to raise money for this city. "Bottlebrush" is a flower, it's meant to be something beautiful.... and the village that is called Bottlebrush, has no visible bottlebrush. How perfect that something broken and lost is entitled a name with something to live up to. I believe the money we send there will help bloom the city.
So spread the word.
Help be apart of the movement in Durban.
Come to Life Church on February 4th.
Be ready to listen to amazing songs like this:


No comments:
Post a Comment