Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Splendor. {{more than just a candle scent}}

So the two main holidays I brag about to all my friends in Holland, have come and gone. Besides dodging conversations that started with "you're so different now" and waking up any earlier than noon, my celebrations were legit. Too legit to quit. - thank you Jack (a.k.a. Dad) for letting me listen to  97.9 THE BOX FM in your Bonneville back in 1997. My taste in music couldn't get any better or broad.



THANKSGIVING LOVE.
House divided, like usual with our ATX relatives.

My youngest sister and the best pup in the world, Copper.

I LOVE AMERICA. 

My Aunt Margie turns her town house garage into a super classy meal time venue.

WITH LOVE, DECEMBER.
After the Aggies BTHO Texas, December was upon us. My best friend Bonnie is obsessed with Christmas things like candles, car fresheners, and matching green with none other than.... red. She was my date to the Suzanne's School of Dance teacher Christmas party and A&M Consolidated's Holiday Choir Concert where we watched my other younger sister sing while we ate cake, cake,... and cake.

  

- my sister sings real good -

- & this is Jack - 

These past two months have been full of dancing! From Dance Revolution in Dallas, Christmas in the Park, to Christmas parties with fake snow ball fights... it has all been a blast. 
I'm really lucky to witness amazing moments like these: 
Surprise Animal hats for Xmas in the park performance :)
Getting to dance at DR-Dallas alongside an old buddy
Taking Katie to Xtended in Houston, where I learned everything I know
Celebrating a great first half of the dance year with great students!

MI FAMILIA,
To kick start my Christmas travels, I visited Bonnie's family for the second time in San Antonio. Don't hate me but yes, white people do reside there, in mass amounts. (pause for gasp) I ate too much, specifically of the flaming hot cheeto food type and learned what the heck spode is. For those of you kitchen, maternal, or girl-knowledge challenged, it's plates and whatnot with "Christmas Spirit" printed on them. My mom was embarrassed I had to ask what it was. O-V-E-R I-T. After I visited San Antonio, we drove the treacherous 16 hour drive in the 'burb to Colorado Springs, CO to my grandparent's home. After driving around Europe for days at a time, a 16 hour car ride in a suburban with 3 people and 2 dogs seemed like a treat! Colorado was full of mega-church Christmas eve services, singing happy birthday to Jesus, and the family program where my cousins and sister demonstrate their musical talents. I ran in the snow, owned my family at CLUE, and taught my little cousins how to break dance. 



So, the break was successful. I apologize for this being a super long post, but it is what it is. Hailey Burke turned 7 and we (Bonnie and I) got her a huge bear for her birthday. Can't believe it!



my honorary little sister <3

Now, onto starting the blog post with the details/vision behind the benefit concert on February 4th
Mark your calendars now because it's going to be worth your while. 
This weekend is the first rehearsal that 32 dancers will be apart of.
This weekend marks the beginning of feeding hundreds in South Africa.
Awesomeness.

1 comment: